Scriptural reference: In Habakkuk 2:3:
"Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it because it will surely come. It will not tarry"
(NKJ Version of Bible).

The two practices that I have chosen are
visualization and meditation. Let’s
start with visualization. I like the above scripture because it gives me strength and courage to create positive and good things in my life. I journal daily and have been doing this since 1979. This practice
has been so beneficial and helpful to my well-being because it allows me vent when I need to, and continue focusing on the goals and aspirations that I want to achieve in life. For example, if you visualize that you are going to finish your college education, land a great/better profession and make lots of money, your subconscious starts to believe that you are already rich and down the road it will manifest! I visualized going back to college for years. Every time I thought a door would open, it did not. I kept believing and visualizing what I truly yearned for and it finally happened in the spring of 2012!
Meditation and prayer would be my second choice that is fostering "mental fitness" in my personal life. I am still trying to get the hang of this practice and I think I am getting a little better because I find myself thinking clearer and not allowing negativity get the best of me. I love breathing and listening to my breaths flowing steadily and controlled, inward and outward (woooosaaaaa). With this newly found practice, I find that I do more misses than hitting. That's okay, I am a work in progress and picking myself up and starting over and over until I get it right is a worth while journey for human flourishing and the unity of consciousness. Knowing that it works for me is what matters the most ;).I believe that the practices that I personally choose (and lots of others) are great connection for the mind, body and spirit.
Peace and blessings always~
Naturally-Patricia
Hi Patricia! Thank you for your kind words on my blog, and I felt that I should at least spread some love to your page! I love that you love listening to your breath. In the past few weeks, I have grown to love my own breath as well. I find that whenever I get into a situation that makes my heart rate increase, I immediately retreat into my breath, and everything fizzles away. It's really a great feeling.
ReplyDeleteI think that as far as negative thoughts and feelings go, embrace them! Shutting out thoughts that are negative and contrary to your current way of life won't make them go away, it will just postpone them. Realize them, figure out why those thoughts are there (and as you saw, I'm doing this myself!!), and then you can begin to truly eliminate them! We are the Yin and the Yang. The black and the white. The good and the bad. Without understanding both, which are inherent to our nature, you cannot understand the True You. Beautiful blog. Have a great week.
Hey, Darryl. Thank you for stopping by and showing some love on my blog. I also want to thank you for your words of encouragement. It goes to show that simple words or a kind gesture can lift someone's spirit. Thank you for lifting my spirit :).
DeletePeace and blessings to you and yours.
Patricia
Hey Naturally-Patricia,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your blog post this week. It's great that you understand and have realized that controlling yourself and meditation doesn't happen overnight. That's a good thing. It takes time, but it will come to you. Congrats, by the way, of visualizing your objective, reaching for it, and finally obtaining it. Keep pushing and striving towards that college diploma. You'll get there eventually. All things come in good time. Keep that in mind and you'll do great things. Keep up the good work.
Coach Randy Andrews