Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unit 7 - Meeting Aesclepius

I really have to admit that listening to the audio  of Meeting Aesclepius.mp3 was pretty interesting and very therapeutic for me. 
 
At the beginning of the audio, the narrator had a calming voice explaining about the practices and phases of the mind. He talked about the last stage of our journey using visualization that will guide us through integral healing.  When the woman narrator came on, I immediately brought my mind to attention in order to hear and experience her instructions.  The woman asked us to choose a very wise man or woman, alive or in the past, one who I respected and honored and who I had a special connection with. 
 
Before I begin to share who that special person is, I chose this person because I have always felt a sense of comfort and protection with this person.  The person that I chose was Jesus, the Christ.  Here is my reason.  At 14 years old, I actually saw my mother die from a heart attack.  My parents were divorced and my mother was my EVERYTHING.  I am an only child and when she died, my whole world died as well.  My father was unable to care for me because he was an alcoholic and my only living grandparent (paternal) did not take me in either--I ended up in a foster home until I was 18 years old.  There is more to the story, but that's enough to share (smile), I grew up in the Catholic faith and I was always spiritual and I loved (and still do) God with my heart, soul and being. 
 
During this exercise, I did just like the narrator instructed.  I visualized the white beam on the top of Jesus' head, reflected it back into my mind and to feel the energy.  I also envisioned this beam of light guided to His neck and emerge to His heart.  It was easy for me to envision that beam of light on top of Jesus' head from pictures that represents Jesus being the Son of God--having the crown of glory and being the enlightened one for mankind.  PLEASE NOTE: I do understand that everyone has their own belief system and draws faith to what is best for them.  For me, believing in Jesus gives me a sense protection and well-being.  I embrace Jesus' characteristics of peace, wisdom, compassion, love and joy.  With the personal adversities I experienced in my life, I am still able to love others unconditionally.  It would be naive to say that everyday is a good day for me because it is not.  However, I refuse to let life steal my joy and I know that by reflecting on Jesus' attributes, I can possess them as well. Healing has not been easy for me.  For years, I have lived with the pain of losing my mother, lived with the pain of dealing with people who did not care about me, etc.  This class has been so refreshing for me and it is teaching me how to better embrace my life mentally, physically and spiritually. 
 
When I read the saying "one cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" (Consciousness & Healing, p 477), I immediately interpreted that to mean, "how can someone tell you what to do when they have not done it themselves" (ppearson). This idiom applies 100% to the health and wellness profession because when I have clients, it would be my obligation to be an example to them and not a hypocrite.  As a health and wellness professional, you must be supportive, dependable, committed, respectful, accountable and most of all trustworthy so that your clients can trust you for their care and overall well-being.
 
Peace and blessings always~
Patricia
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricia,

    I really enjoyed reading your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, but at the same time I'm so happy to hear that your person was Jesus...he was mine too! In the beginning I was like man I have no idea who that person would be for me but as the lady kept talking it just came to me and it was a DUH moment...who better than Him! As for the leading comment...couldn't agree more. I'm much more likely to listen and believe someone who has gone through or is doing the thing they are recommending to me rather than someone who isn't. Goodluck this term! :)

    Jerrica

    ReplyDelete