Monday, November 26, 2012

Universal Loving Kindness and Integral Assessment

Hello Class~

I really enjoyed reciting the Universal Loving-Kindness exercise/mantra.  Repeating the following phrases………Ommmmmmmmm
“May ALL individuals gain freedom from suffering”
“May ALL individuals find sustained health, happiness, and wholeness”
“May I assist ALL individuals in gaining freedom from suffering”
“May I assist ALL individuals in finding health, happiness, and wholeness”
………made me feel a sense of empowerment, joy and happiness.  It made me want to help myself and others to experience the awakening of human flourishing.  Saying these phrases is almost like having a calling on your life because I believe that we are here on this earth to help one another--unconditionally.  Giving universal love to the all humankind is something we should strive for daily.  Trust, me I have my flaws (don't we all) but for some reason or another, the virtue of L-O-V-E is embedded in my spirit.  I believe  that I possess this virtue from my mother who transitioned when I was 14 years old.  From what I can remember, my mother was a kind and loving person and I knew she loved me with all of her heart.  Because I strive to bring universal love in every aspect of my life, I sometimes feel that I am connected to the “hippie” era of “flower power”, peace, love, Age of Aquarius and unity.  Sounds kind of sappy right?  That is who I am.  As I look back over my life, it has not been “peaches and cream”…..and boy, I've had some hurdles and pain. Thank God that I overcame them (for the most part) and continue to love others when others don’t care to love me back or when they misuse or mistreat me. "Do unto other as you want them to do unto you".

For the Integral Assessment, being centered, calming and still really plays a significant role  in our body, mind and spirit.  Within this course, I am discovering (I have not mastered it yet) how to become more calming within my spirit.  I am a very sensitive person and as I've matured, it has gotten worse because I can't stand foolishness whatsoever so I allow myself to react to things which causes me to stress.  So for my growth and development, I am going to work on not allowing people to "work my nerves" and tell them how I feel without being confrontational (which I dislike).  My specific exercises and/or activities will continue deep breathing (wooooosaaaa) and meditation when I feel my stress levels rise.  My health and spiritual wellness is very important to me; therefore, I am going to continue relaxation, prayer and meditation.
 
Peace and blessings always~
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment