Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Meditation Relaxation Exercise

Hello there!

Today is the end of our second unit--whew, time is moving along very quickly.  I am really enjoying this class and it helping me to become more aware of myself and to become more connected with my mind, body and spirit.  Today, I tried my second attempt at the relaxation exercise.  Why was this  the second attempt?  Well, because during the first attempt I was sooo relaxed that I fell asleep (LOL).  This time I did the relaxation exercise sitting upright in a comfortable chair instead of laying down.  When the audio began, the chimes of the music was so soothing.  The voice of the narrative was appealing as well (was that your voice Professor Mark?).  I followed the directions to a "T" and I actually felt the blood tingling down my arms and heaviness in my hands.  After that, with eyes closed, I felt myself drifting off again in a peaceful state.  I tried to come out of the meditative state, but I could not and actually I really did not want to.  Guess want ?! I almost fell asleep again............
 
Until we met again :)
 
Have a wonderful and glorious day!
Peace and Love~
Patricia

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, I fell asleep twice in unit 2 also, not this rainbow meditation one though. Did you like how you had to think about different colors for different areas of the body, I thought that was really cool. Very relaxing:) I took another class similar to this one and it's amazing in the 2 weeks that we had off I kind of slacked on meditating and relaxing and I noticed that I was crankier and a little more on edge...Then we started this class and I have noticed a difference in my attitude again.. much less stressed. I guess I need to remember to use the tools I have even when not in class:) Talk to on the DB
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, I absolutely love the different relaxation techniques there are out there. I practice using a breathing technique quite often in which I concentrate on feeling my breath coursing through my veins. It is amazing how much it can cause me to relax. I also like doing a night time yoga technique which allows me to relax so fully that I usually complete it in my bed or I fall asleep on the floor. It's wonderful to feel the stress releasing from my body. Enjoy using these techniques. See you in the DB.

    ReplyDelete